Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Cluttered E-mail

I am a member of 26 e-groups and an owner/moderator of 6. The influx of e-mail from these groups and notifications from Friendster and Multiply have actually added to my clutter anxiety. Somehow, I want my e-mail to be clutter-free, yet I don't want to delete any message until I've read them. I want to read each and every junk, joke or chain mail (except Spam, as it may contain a virus or something. So now, I have a total of 4,793 unread messages. Just seeing this number makes me feel inefficient already.

One of my solutions is to use my account's filter options. While it doesn't lessen my e-mail backlog, it gives me some (false) assurance that I'm being organized still. This categorization also ensures that I'll be able to find an e-mail from a particular e-group easily.

However, Yahoo Mail only provides 15 filters and I've used them all up. Now I'm thinking maybe I should unsubscribe from my inactive groups... Maybe that'll cause my unread messages to dwindle down to 3,000! Yey!

3 comments:

crisyambot said...

i have 6,616 unread mails in yahoo. hehe

Sonia Bea said...

Have you tried using Gmail? They also have a decent filter & label system so it's pretty easy to organize incoming e-mails. I just recently learned to do this as well, and it has really made it easier for me to check my emails without getting overwhelmed by the sheer volume of them all.

Rom Obligacion said...

Yup, I have a Gmail account. I actually created one for ICT. My problem talaga is kulang ang 15 filters. I hope Gmail has more than 15. In any event, I think the best thing to do is edit some of my subscriptions and have the e-mails forwarded to my Gmail account para divided sila, one account for groups I'm actively involved in and the other account for more dormant groups. Siguro after the Bar na lang. Hehehe! :)