Thursday, January 29, 2009

Criminal

According to Prof. Quimbo, “the landline is more secure than the cellphone”.

I beg to disagree.

Several months ago, I got home from bringing my youngest son to the pediatrician and after picking up my older kids from school and discovered that the door to our bedroom had been forced open, the door to my closet ajar and all my jewelry and cash gone.

One of the maids took off and was later found in the vicinity of a mall.

Upon investigation by the village security and after several trips to the police sub-station and Camp Karingal until almost midnight, the police report simply states that we were victims of a dugo-dugo gang operation.

To rub salt into the wound, I had to pay PLDT the P3k worth of phone calls that the maids made to a pre-paid number.

Truly, reality is stranger than fiction.

No telenovela will compare to those surreal moments.

To this day, we are not certain exactly what happened and a criminal case is still in the offing.

But one thing is for sure, the cellphone and the landline share equal billing when it comes to being a tool for crime.

No comments: