Thursday, January 15, 2009

update please

Basics. Do not forget the basics. This is a staple admonishment my 3rd year Home Room adviser would give to us. During exam period she'd always remind us that if our answers to her exam sound to contrived or forced, then we will our answers are probably wrong.

On to college and law school, I admit the guilt of forgetting this simple bit of wisdom. But my Rem Law Rev exam on Sunday changed that. OLA duty just finished and I intended to study some place else before going home. However, on the way here (where I'm studying now), I found out that I left my Rules home. I have no other recourse but to go online and read the Rules.

So I went to the Supreme Court website and found out that the Rules posted online are not updated. Yes, the A. M.'s amending the Rules are also posted online but I believe it is justified to think that the SC's website would at least contain an amended version of the Rules already. But no, my belief was wrong. Afterwards, this blog post was born.

It seems to me that this is a clear case of "forgetting the basics". I know the SC has major judicial reform plans and this includes a computerization program. However, if they could not even get something as simple us updating the Rules they posted online, I could not even begin to imagine the possible mess-ups that could happen.

No comments: