Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Of Macs and iWoman

Just days after Macmac’s warranty expired, my daughter and niece shared responsibility of causing the demise of its battery by accidentally splashing water all over poor Macmac.

Now, Macmac’s battery is permantly marked X, that dot now forever green, never to be orange again (unless of course it is replaced with a new one). Macmac must now be forever plugged into a power outlet thereby defeating the very purpose of a laptop.

Very briefly, I contemplated going back to the more affordable brands that I went through before going Mac. But it seems that once you go Mac, you can never go back.

In the short year that I have grown to depend on Macmac, I have become a believer in its numerous benefits.

For one, there is the ease of the interface. Kinda like when you discover Facebook, you are all the more convinced how crappy Friendster is.

So I make a beeline to all the Mac retailers I could go to and after much checkbook-balancing and guilt-easing, I pick out Maxine with the fervent wish that my time with Maxine will not be as short as 2008 was with Macmac.

1 comment:

Angela de Guzman said...

Hi Melissa! I can totally relate ;)