Thursday, January 29, 2009

tryst the series presents: rendezvous


I am an “invite snob”…


I usually don’t accept invites from people who I don’t know personally. I find it creepy to just randomly add people to my friend list if they are not really my friends. My site is like a mini journal, I keep all my pictures, posts, random thoughts in it, so I make sure that those people who have access to my site know me.


BUT…because we have a month before Tryst the Series Presents: RENDEZVOUS… and I need to get the word out, I have been adding people to my network like crazy.


The downside with organizing a big event is trying to get the invite out to as many people as possible since most of the organizers are tied down with law school…so to get around it, we decided to use all media…from print media to mass textbrigs, to the social networks on the internet...and soon we will be having our radio rounds.


I’m still not a big fan of adding random people… but considering that the goal of these sites are precisely to connect everybody.


And…if it means I get to invite more people to join us…then…I’m going to add as many people as I can.

No comments: