Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What’s in a Name?

I knew of this new device where you can make unlimited calls to the US at a relatively low cost. I know it’s a USB plug-in device with a phone line connector at the other end, but I just can’t remember the name. It bugged me all night that I could not remember the name and that I could not strt on typing my blog for the week. So, I typed possible names (i.e. “magic drive”, “mega drive”) on google to the best of my memory of the name when first introduced to me during our long three-hour class in taxation to search for this device on the internet. However, I keep getting links to this downloadable freeware about a virtual CD/DVD ROM creation and management software.

Refusing to call my friend who informed me of this device (this blog being typed at 4:00 in the morning), and knowing that the device was similar to Voice Over Internet Protocol, I finally typed “voip usb” in the google search box. At last, the name I have been looking for. Magic Jack.

I have got to get me one of these devices to call some of my relatives in the US. Luckily, the very first link in the google search page was a link to buy such device at eBay.ph. But because I only have P70.00 left from my weekly allowance, and it’s only Thursday, and I have to eat sometime, I could not at the moment afford the device of P3000.00, f***!

---
Rivera, Jan Michael A.
02-16779

No comments: