Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who are the People in Your Neighborhood?

About 4 years ago, I became a regular FOB in San Francisco. I did not know a soul and I only had my father's credit card and his occasional phone calls to help me get by. So upon the advice of an aunt, I turned to craigslist. It was heaven-sent. I was able to get a job, an apartment, a roommate, and a very very nice Ethan Allen sofa for 50 bucks. Though I had to get somebody I knew personally to drive a U-haul during my move.

Craigslist is a mini neighborhood. You get job postings, apartment listings, the ever-amusing personals, everything for sale, and you can even share about the day you had.

If your about to go on vacation, check craigslist first and see if the place you're visiting has a site there, you'll get to know the humor and culture of the place quickly.

Be cautioned though, some sites are still in the early stages and have pretty lame postings.

No comments: