Thursday, January 22, 2009

Please add me


As of yesterday, I am officially a Facebook member and active “networker”. The reason for this sudden interest in networking in general has been due to the fact that I am co-heading the HYLA* for the Portia Sorority. These past days I have been flooding Friendster, Multiply, Facebook, Pinoylaw, the Association of Law Students in the Philippines, and all my yahoogroups with information regarding the HYLA. If in the past, I was just a casual observer and invisible lurker, now I am as loud and post-crazy as my high school brother.
**
The idea of using Facebook was suggested to me by a high school friend. He said that Facebook provides easier access to people who are, and who might be in your network. And every move you make, the network (direct and extended) knows about it. As he aptly put it “bawat hinga mo, alam.” On a normal day this would really freak me out; I don’t need (and want to know) that such and such are now friends, or that so and so became a fan of something, etc. But considering the fact that HYLA has gone national, I need as much publicity as I can.
**
HYLA is Haydee Yorac Leadership Award is given to one woman student leader selected from any law school in the Philippines. Please nominate one now. For more information, see us at the Portia Room, or read the black poster/tarpaulin with a nasty smell.
**
Maria Cristina Yambot

No comments: