Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I tweet, therefore I am

I have become a twitter-junkie! My tweetdeck’s online as soon as I am and I find myself trapped in its labyrinth of links, personalities, comments, whozits and whatzits galore. The tweets are no longer restricted to answers to “what are you doing?” but have become global venues for sharing thoughts, quirks, passions, updates and practically anything your mind can conceive.

I get legislative updates from David_Englin (a Virginia State delegate), advocacy updates from lancearmstrong and livestrong, video updates from my youtube favorites like HappySlip, KinaGrannis and GabeBondoc, travel updates from Kathika, “spectrial” updates from TorrrentFreak and ThePirateBay’s lawyer Brokep, some useful and not-so-useful links from BDoGo and willfrancis and music updates from jamiecullum and MTV_music, among others.

My tweetdeck is a hodgepodge of everything and anything under the sun. The good thing about it is that I get to choose which links to follow and decide which tweets merit a response from me. I can even filter the tweeples who I want to appear on my deck! I just appreciate how this technology is, as of yet, under my control. I like how it brings me the latest things that the world has to offer and I have the power to embrace or reject them as I wish.

If you decide to join twitter, I recommend that you follow the tweeple I mentioned above! Oh, and a little tip, if you follow BarackObama, the account will follow you back! So, yeah, Barack Obama’s following me on twitter! How’s that for 6 degrees of separation! (note: I know he’s not personally maintaining the account! I just found it funny.)

*tweet: a post on twitter composed of 140 characters or less
*tweeple: people who use twitter.com

No comments: