Thursday, February 12, 2009

Virus In The Municipal Court----

In Houston, Texas USA, a virus penetrated courthouse computers causing court operations to halt for a little less than a week. The virus which was known as the Virut virus is a new variant. That's the reason why the virus was not blocked by the antivirus installed in the computers.

Judges could not call dockets while the problem was ongoing. City officials said that the virus was not deliberately sent to the court house (well, they wish).

This raises questions... What if that happened here in the Philippines? Would it cause such a big problem?
Are Philippine Courts computer dependent already? Probably no. Would such virus attack be felt? Probably no as well. No computers = No viruses = No Problems.

Which reminded me that before I had to use the computer while using my flash drive in our provincial office, when I inserted my flash drive back to my laptop, guess what.. There were several viruses that attached to it. The computer in our provincial office is laced with viruses and they don't even know. Is it a problem? Not directly. Thus they leave it as it is. Right now I don't know if they know even but I guess that is the advantage when computers aren't linked to each other in such a way that viruses could be passed around. But the benefits still outweigh it.

I hope they have already realized that the computer in our office have a virus. That they be able to connect to the net. If ever they would not want to spend for an anti-virus program then atleast they would be able to download an anti-virus freeware . =)

No comments: