Thursday, February 19, 2009

www.marikinaprosecutors.com

Last semester I visited the offices of the prosecutors in my city as part of the requirements in a remedial law class. I got to see how inconvenient it was for the parties involved to stay there for extended periods of time because of the cramped space. Maybe it’s part of the plan to discourage prospective litigants from filing cases in court. Haha. I say that because you have to be really patient to line up for an hour or so in a place like the one outside the prosecution offices in my city.

Because it looks like it will also take ages before the building itself gets renovated, news such as the DOJ and the Marikia city government launching www.marikinaprosecutors.com offers a glimmer of hope. A first of its kind in the country, the website is a product of the city government’s projects on e-governance. It contains a guide on filing a criminal complaint, legal fees, schedule of inquest duty, status of filed and pending cases, DOJ circulars, resolutions, and downloadable forms.

I wish my own city government officials would follow suit or implement other measures to speed up the wheels of the justice system in the area.

No comments: