Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Your fastfood, at the speed of broadband internet.

I had just tried using the new delivery service of McDonald's wherein you can order online and have your food delivered right up to your doorstep! At first, I was hesitant about this since it's a pilot case on my part. I even read the Terms and Conditions before proceeding with the purchase because I might be clicking too much times and being charged for every click.

The menu still needs improvement. The interface however, was great. It was very interactive, with enticing photos. It also provides for other details such as quantity and value-added services. If you're the choosy type, the website accommodates your needs by allowing you to modify or alter the standard default meals. For example, for a sandwich meal, you can choose whether to Go Big Time and choose Coke Light as your drink.

There is also an automatic computation of your total purchase price. Plus delivery charges. So you can track your food bill right away and even before confirming the order. Minimum amount is P165.

It requires you to enter a number of relevant information which would be of importance in delivering your food. I had to be very careful in entering such data because I don't want to get into any issues (since this is my first time to use it). You can also ask them to bring change for your money.

Traditionally, fastfood service is... well, fast. With this new technology, I can say that the fastfood deserves to keep its description. Within less than 5 minutes, someone called me through my mobile number and it was some call agent, confirming my order. Sadly, they didn't have caramel sundae at 1 o'clock in the morning. I opted then for a heart-stopping, much-cholesterol-filled meal, for which fastfood restos are usually known for, especially McDonald's (think: Supersize Me!).

The rider arrived after around 20-30 mins. Yay! Midnight snacks are the best! And fastfood restos will always have a place in my heart. Literally.

No comments: