Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IMPEACH!

The title of my SLRW paper is “Philippine Presidential Impeachment: A Historical Perspective.” I honestly believed I would have abundant resources. Especially since almost all the information could be googled. So I think! I am so ignorant of technology, technologically speaking. (-Spongebob Squarepants)

Five Philippine presidents had impeachment complaints filed against them. They were Elpidio Quirino, Diosdado Macapagal, Ferdinand Marcos, Joseph Estrada and Macapagal Arroyo. Only Joseph Estrada was impeached although not convicted.

Since my paper is all about history, reports from newspapers were very useful. I realized I expected too much from internet only to find out that I could find everything about the impeachment initiated against Macapagal-Arroyo and Joseph Estrada, but none about the other three.

I have to visit all (That’s an exaggeration, anyway.) the college libraries of UP Diliman, including the main library.

Many though still believe “library research is still the best way to do your research, searchably”. (-Spongebob again.)

Anyway, I envy the day when my children and grandchildren and great grandchildren and great great grandchildren and great great great grandchildren ( That’s enough, I got your point.-Squidward Tentacles) would just do all their paper researches at one sitting. (You know, your lazy. -Patrick Star)

A serious realization: I think I had too much of Spongebob. Blame it to my toddler of a daughter.

No comments: