Thursday, February 12, 2009

Presumption

When I finally went to have my Bayantel DSL disconnected, I was assured that someone will immediately check and fix the problem.

Sure enough, someone went to the house even before I got home.

Mabilis pa sa alas kuwatro, 'ika nga.

But in a few days time, the same problems of poor or faulty connection recur. And so we need to call the hotline again.

This is so deja vu of our PLDT myDSL experience: a vicious cycle of some semblance of service, and then afterwards, faulty or no service at all.

Good faith, that quality of mind and heart possessed by one who is acting with sincerity and honesty and without intent to cheat or take unfair advantage of another, is so sorely lacking in these corporation's dealings.

Instead, their actions smack of bad faith, every step of the way: a lack of overall fairness and honesty in a transaction, an intent to deceive another or to evade its obligations.

There must be some way of going around that simple one month refund relief.

What else can the hapless consumer do?

1 comment:

Margaret said...

I would say that we are on a "take-it-or-leave-it" situation. All of the DSL providers have their own boo-boos! I've tried SmartBro (worst!) and now I'm using Globe. These companies are really annoying especially when the people they send to your house don't know anything beyond level one.