Thursday, February 19, 2009

BK Is The Place To Be

I haven't been to Burger King since they had free wi-fi, free charging and free hand and back massages. Since my blockmate and I were tasked to do a memorandum together, we deemed it best to do it in Burger King since he could charge his laptop, there was wi-fi, we could discuss the memorandum and we could eat at the same time. The library could only offer us wi-fi. I was in for a shock since apparently, Burger King is the new "it" place to be. The place was jampacked and it was already way past lunchtime. As expected, there were students with their laptops chitchatting with friends and loners taking advantage of the free wi-fi. But I was surprised to see actual meetings being held in Burger King, with bosses presiding and lecturing with their laptops. An ingenious plan by both the bosses and Burger King. The bosses save up on the costs of setting up meetings in fancy restos and hotels while Burger King gets more profit from the unique deal it offers its customers. Now if only I can get myself to try that free back massage...

1 comment:

Margaret said...

*raises hand*

Guilty, as charged! :)