Thursday, February 19, 2009

Musings

I've been organizing an event for my organization and being technologically-inept and negligent has been quite a hurdle in getting things done. I want the invitations to look a certain way but I couldn't get the exact look I want because I don't know how to use Adobe Photoshop. I did help in putting the design together by looking for graphics on the internet but the fact that the nicest ones are copyright-protected didn't help me in my task either. Most of the suppliers for the event told me to look at their portfolios in Facebook but I don't have an account so I didn't get to do that either. I've been trying to get by with just the basic technologies that I thought were the only ones necessary to live conveniently but apparently my efforts are still lacking. After having downloaded a gazillion vector graphics, my laptop stopped responding and it finally crashed. Kudos to me for thinking that Macs are invincible. After months of slow response, I knew that something was wrong but I didn't have my computer checked because I didn't have time to spare. I didn't back my files up either. The search for the biggest loser is over. I think that not being at ease with technology is a reflection of the person that I am- I find it difficult to adapt to change or difficult circumstances. I know that it's almost March and quite late to come up with a New Year's Resolution but I'm making one now. I promise to be more technology-savv . My friends make fun of the fact that I blog twice a week because of my two electives. They know that it's uncharacteristic of me to go online, let alone blog but this is in keeping with my soon-to-be techie self.

No comments: