Thursday, February 26, 2009

interface with me

With the current state of technological development, I would not be surprised if in the next 10 years someone would be able to develop technology which could seamlessly integrate computer components with human biology. Yes, a number of devices could already be implanted in our bodies but what I am talking about is the kind which could HUD-like interface in a field of vision giving us ready information about our surroundings. It would be neat if I could do a web search just by focusing my vision on an object and making a mental command to initiate a web search.

These musings made me realize that these things could not be developed if no network of human technology and knowledge exists. I also realized that there is much truth to the oft-quoted adage "no man is an island."

No comments: