Thursday, February 12, 2009

Keeping you connected.

The average time that mail goes from one place to another within Metro Manila is around 5 working days. Then came overnight mail. This usually costs way more expensive but the packet you’ll send will be there in 24 hours. Now, using e-mail, it takes seconds to arrive at its destination. I can chat, text or call anyone around the world cheaply. Still, I prefer face to face meetings or through the phone conversations. I still miss the inflections of the voice, the hand gestures, or expressions. It doesn't hurt to receive tangible stuff. It is more comparable to me that I'm receiving virtual flowers instead of actual flowers. Or receiving a picture of a Wii console instead of the actual console itself. Of course, there’s Skype and webcam. But, I prefer things live, real and tangible. Hehe.

No comments: